As a proud Tesla owner, you're already enjoying the incredible performance that comes with driving an electric vehicle (EV).
To ensure your Tesla continues to run at its best, they recommend regular maintenance checks to keep your Tesla working safely and efficiently and to maintain your warranty coverage. In this comprehensive guide, we'll walk you through the key aspects of Tesla car maintenance.
Routine Tesla Maintenance Checks
- Tire pressure: Teslas has a tire pressure monitoring system that alerts you when your tire pressure is low. However, it's always good practice to check the tire pressure daily to ensure that the tires are correctly inflated. Also, keep an eye on tire tread depth and replace them when needed.
- Fluid levels: Unlike traditional gas-powered cars, Tesla cars have no motor oil or transmission fluid to check. However, always check the coolant and ensure they're at the recommended levels.
- HVAC System: Maintain the HVAC system of your Tesla, to ensure efficient climate control. Clean or replace filters as needed.
Scheduled Tesla Maintenance:
These tasks for Teslas usually include:
Tesla recommends annual service visits for tire rotation, brake fluid replacement, and general vehicle inspections.
- Battery Maintenance: Tesla's batteries are designed to be low-maintenance. However, have the battery and associated components inspected by EV technicians
- Wheel alignment: A misaligned wheel can cause uneven tire wear and affect the handling of your Tesla car. It's essential to check the wheel alignment every six months and have it adjusted if necessary.
- Suspension: The suspension system is responsible for providing a comfortable ride and stable handling. Checking the suspension every six months will help identify any issues before they become significant problems.
Tesla cars are equipped with advanced software that requires regular updates. Keeping your car updated means you can access the latest features and functionality. Tesla releases software updates regularly, so keep that in mind and track the updates they release.
By following this maintenance guide, you can keep your Tesla in prime condition for years to come. Regular maintenance and timely repairs will ensure that you continue to enjoy the unparalleled performance and innovation that come with being a Tesla owner.
If you're looking for the right place to take your Tesla for repair or maintenance, visit us at Elite Auto Experts, or call us at (281) 856-8484.