Your car's dashboard is like a communication center, and those little light indicators are its messages. Understanding what they mean can save you from potential issues and keep your vehicle running smoothly. Let's dive into eight common dashboard lights and their meanings.
- Check Engine Light: Indicates a potential issue with the engine or emission control system. Schedule a diagnostic check to identify the specific problem.
- Battery Light: Indicates a charging system problem or a failing battery. Check the battery connections and schedule a battery test if needed.
- Oil Pressure Light: Indicates low oil levels. Check your oil immediately and inspect for leaks.
- Brake System Warning Light: Indicates a potential issue with the brake system. Inspect brake fluid levels and check brake pads.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System Light: Indicates low tire pressure. Inflate tires to the recommended pressure. If the light persists, check for leaks or tire damage.
- ABS Lights: Indicates an issue with the Anti-lock Braking System. Schedule a brake system inspection with a professional.
- Airbag Light: Indicates a potential issue with the airbag system. Schedule an inspection at your nearest Auto Repair to ensure airbags are functional.
Understanding these dashboard lights empowers you to take prompt action, ensuring the longevity and safety of your vehicle. Schedule an appointment by calling us at (281) 856-8484 or through our website www.eliteautoexperts.com