So you are involved in an auto collision in Cypress, Tx. What next?
Being involved in a car collision is a stressful situation. It could be a major or minor collision but most collisions involve speaking with the police to obtain a police report, dealing with the insurance company and exchanging contact information from the other party can be highly time-consuming, often leading to even more frustration. It comes as no surprise that an auto collision sets you back for the whole day, delaying you for the errands or events that you might have planned for the day.
The implications of getting into a wreck are both financially and physically draining. Sometimes, when a damage looks minor, it is possible that there may be some underlying major damages that only a mechanic can see. To the untrained eye, it might just look like a dent or a smashed bumper, but to the mechanic, there can be several damages like a broken radiator, broken condenser, etc. This is where coming in for a collision estimate is absolutely essential, for the mechanic can see what damage occurred to the vehicle. So how should one handle the situation? Make sure to follow these guidelines when you find yourself in an accident.
What should you do when you're in a car collision?
When you get into an accident, you want to be sure that you take care of a few basic things:
- Exchange contact information with the other party: To file an insurance claim, insurance companies need information like the license plate number, the VIN number, the make and model of the car, the name of the person on the insurance etc. Take a photo of the insurance card of the other party involved in the collision. Insurance cards usually contain all the information mentioned above.
- Get a police report filed: When in doubt who's fault the accident is, a police report can come in handy for the police can help determine who was at fault during the accident. In general, auto insurance companies prefer having a police report for it is an official document as to how the car collision happened.
- Do not assume any liability: Talk to only the police, any medical professionals or your insurance representative. Assuming guilt for the accident can lead to complications for your insurance claim. It's always advised to let the insurance companies talk to each other in regards to the collision.
- Do NOT sign any waivers with a towing company: When one is involved in a collision, signing a waiver with a towing company gives them the right to start working on your car. They can hold your car and demand you to pay them to release your car. Instead, look at mechanics which offer towing services.
How can Elite Auto Experts, in Cypress, TX. help you?
Elite Auto Experts can provide you with any assistance you need to help get you back on the road as soon as possible. Having been in the industry for over a decade, we truly understand what customer satisfaction is. Our team of technicians go above and beyond to take care of your vehicle and lessen your stress. If you are in a collision in Cypress. TX., our auto body repair shop and collision center can help you with the following:
- Towing: Wherever your automobile may be in Cypress, Elite Auto Experts can come and tow your car for you. If you're involved in a car accident, your insurance is more than likely to cover the expenses that are associated with the towing.
- Rental car assistance: To make things easier and much more manageable for you, Elite Auto Experts has Enterprise Car Rental on-site for all your car rental needs. Since we work with all major rental car companies, we bill your insurance company directly regarding your rental car so you wouldn't have to worry about it.
- Insurance assistance: Being the preferred collision repair center in Cypress, TX., Elite Auto Experts assign a personal service consultant who works with you on your claim. Since we work with all major insurance companies, we can start working on the damages sustained by your vehicle during the collision without the immediate need of an insurance adjuster.
To top it all off, Elite Auto Experts offer a life-time warranty on the repairs done to your vehicle. If at any moment you are unsatisfied by any of the repairs, bring your vehicle back and we can fix the issue for you.
With over a decade of experience in the auto body repair industry, Elite Auto Experts is known for its great service and commitment to providing customer satisfaction. Don't take our word for it, just look at all the amazing reviews we have on the web. Our body repair shop is Gold Class Certificatied from I-CAR, making it one of the best auto body repair shops in the nation. There is only about 10% of collision repair centers in the nation which are Gold Class Certified.
Elite Auto Experts revolves around its customers and providing efficient and excellent service. It is the Elite promise to not overcharge you for your repairs. Contact Us today for your free collision repair estimate.